The All Our Tomorrows Partnership will:
- Establish and promote a shared strategic vision for Older People in Stockport with particular emphasis on maximising the independence of people in later life.
- Act as a champion for older people’s positive wellbeing and independence in Stockport, overseeing the development and implementation of an overarching Strategic Plan for Older People. This would include an agreed set of values, aims and priorities and identifying delivery responsibilities that meet locally agreed requirements.
- Act as a champion for older people’s specific issues and concerns in Stockport, and identify appropriate responses.
- Take an overview of commissioning processes in respect of older people and work towards integrated commissioning in accordance with the agreed strategy.
- Ensure that older people are meaningfully involved in all aspects of the work of the partnership including service development and commissioning. Consider how this could be funded and set up appropriate mechanisms.
- Establish clear and effective linkages to the Stockport Partnership and with other partnerships in the ‘family’ of partnerships, in order to mainstream a coherent approach to promoting the wellbeing of older people and addressing issues of concern.
- Influence and promote resourcing decisions to benefit older people in Stockport – with individual members mandated to seek / provide resources on behalf of their own agency.
- Take a strategic overview of opportunities for older people to maintain and improve their well-being across all sectors to ensure that different levels of need are identified and met.